In the world of medical technology or MedTech, demand can turn on a dime as new contracts are won, sometimes requiring building new facilities to meet the increase in demand.
One such client of Eastridge, a medical device manufacturer specializing in glucose monitoring devices, needed to grow its contingent workforce from small to very large, accommodating an influx of 200 new workers, to fulfill a new contract. However, the client’s growth was constrained by inefficiencies: they relied on error-prone manual data entry of all budgeting, accounting, timekeeping and payroll information, which was communicated internally via email. Key information related to timekeeping and budgeting was trapped in PDF documentation. These manual methods also kept vital compliance-related information in email instead of in a readily accessible program for more efficient day-to-day management.
The Eastridge team designed a tailored instance of its cloud solution to house all the administrative information needed to manage its contingent workforce in one place. Serving as a single source of truth, Talient also provided the visibility the medical device manufacturer needed to accurately classify independent contractors, and further simplify and streamline the client’s compliance efforts. Talient provided the company the visibility and flexibility they needed to scale to their next level of growth.
In order to adequately manage 200 new contingent workers, the medical device manufacturer needed to overhaul its mainly paper-based and manual management processes, as well as ensure that any new technology solutions could integrate with its legacy systems.
- Inefficient Legacy Approval Workflows: The manufacturer’s legacy approval process involved a collection of spreadsheets and PDF documents which were collaborated on over email. Key data was trapped in those formats, which impeded visibility and analysis of workforce processes as a whole.
- Lack of Visibility Into Budgeting and Purchase Orders (PO): The manufacturer had no method for tracking which requisitions were previously budgeted for or to track PO status.
- A Need for Integration With Legacy Software. The company would continue using legacy talent acquisition software, so any new system they adopted would need to integrate with it.
Eastridge tailored the medical device manufacturer’s instance of Talient to allow the company to organize their entire contingent workforce’s data electronically, into one single source of truth. The solution included:
- Configurable Approval Workflows. Migrating the company’s contingent employee workflows onto Talient allowed the client to eliminate inefficient spreadsheet and PDF-based approval processes. This simplified and automated how requisitions and other actions were approved, which now included client-configured approval chains for requisitions.
- Budgeting Automation. Eastridge automated the way in which the manufacturer budgeted and unbudgeted requisitions were cataloged and routed. This further eliminated spreadsheets and error-prone manual entry.
- Purchase Order (PO) Tracking. Eastridge implemented proactive depletion alerts that would automatically notify hiring managers and HR when a PO was near depletion. Additionally, Talient’s PO module allows real-time analysis of spend and depletion across all POs and workers.
- Mobile Approvals. Timekeeping and requisitions can be opened and approved on a mobile device using Talient, which simplifies approvals and helps prevent bottlenecks in the approval chain.
- ATS integration: To further reduce manual entry, the Eastridge team integrated the company’s legacy talent software with Talient, and rendered it accessible to the client via Single Sign-On (SSO) authentication.
In migrating from inefficient email-based workforce administration processes into Talient, the client now has a solid foundation from which to efficiently manage their contingent workforce. These improvements paved the way for the client to realize many benefits, including:
- 150% increase in stock price after the first year of implementation
- Establishing a second manufacturing facility
- 80% decrease in supervisor management time, freeing them to focus on more strategic priorities
- 50% increase in hiring efficiency
- Ranking as one of Forbes’ Most Innovative Growth Companies
Established in 1972, Eastridge Workforce Solutions is an employee-owned provider of full-service talent acquisition and management solutions for companies globally. Eastridge provides a full range of solutions solving today's workforce challenges. In addition to professional / technical and industrial recruiting we provide workforce management solutions such as payrolling, recruitment process outsourcing, as well as master service provider and vendor management systems programs. We back our services with the Talient, a proprietary technology that streamlines every step of workforce management. Eastridge proudly helps over 20,000 associates find jobs annually across the globe.