Last Updated: August 24, 2021
Eastridge takes your privacy seriously. We want you to know how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal data.
- Personal Data we collect
- How your data is collected
- Purposes for which we use the
- How we share the Personal Data we collect
- How we protect the Personal Data we collect
- Your choices regarding your Personal Data
- Region-specific Information
1. Personal Data We Collect
The Personal Data we collect may include:
- Identity Data, includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data, including name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
- Job Search Data, including location, job type, industry, and educational requirements.
- Account Data, including user name and password information.
- Applicant Data, including mailing address, employment history, including employer, dates of employment, reason for leaving, and location, education history, including institution, degree, and areas of study, last few digits of your Social Security number for verification purposes and to avoid duplicative entries, and any other personal information that may be voluntarily provided in your resume or cover letter.
- Equal Opportunity Monitoring Data, for U.S. job applicants to the extent voluntarily provided, including race, ethnicity, disability, and military veteran information.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services using cookies (as discussed further below).
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Data Voluntarily Submitted including any data that you voluntarily submit through contact forms.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your Personal Data but is not considered Personal Data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your Personal Data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as Personal Data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Information You Provide To A Third Party
The Site is intended for adult use only and is not directed towards children, minors, or anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to provide us with any personal information. If the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that the child has provided us with any personal information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact our us at the email address below and ask to have this personal information deleted from our files.
2. How Your Data is Collected
We may collect Personal Data from a variety of sources and methods. This includes:
a) Information You Give Us. We collect Personal Data that you voluntarily share with us through the Site or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes Personal Data you provide when you:
- Fill out a contact us form;
- Subscribe to our publications;
- Create and account;
- Request marketing materials;
- Request reminders to apply for an open position;
- Fill out an employment application;
- Give us feedback; or
- Attend any of our events, promotions, or other programs where we collect information about you.
b) Service Providers. We collect Personal Data from other sources including our trusted partnerships with service providers and where we operate accounts on third-party platforms, including online application submission and management platforms, email platforms, and social media platforms.
c) Information We Collect Through Technology On The Site. We collect information through technology to enhance our ability to serve you. When you access and use the Site, Eastridge and, in some cases, our third-party service providers collect information about how you interact with the Site. We describe below methods we use to collect information through technology.
d) IP Address And Other Connection Information.When you visit the Site, we collect information including your device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, and Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is often associated with the portal you used to enter the Internet, like your Internet service provider (ISP), company, association, or university. While an IP address may reveal your ISP or geographic area, we cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address. We do not link your Personal Data to device identifier information, browser information, and IP addresses. Where, according to local law, IP addresses and the like are considered Personal Data, then we treat them as such.
f) Google Analytics. We use third party cookies provided by Google Analytics to assist us in better understanding our Site visitors. These cookies collect IP address and usage data, such as the length of time a user spends on a page, the pages a user visits, and the websites a user visits before and after visiting the Site. Based on this information, Google Analytics compiles Aggregate Data about Site traffic and Site interactions, which we use to offer better Site experiences and tools in the future. Google Analytics does not collect any Personal Data (other than IP Address which may be considered Personal Data in some countries) and we do not link the usage data from Google Analytics to Personal Data. For more information on Google Analytics, visit https://support.google.com/analytics.
g) Your "Do Not Track" Browser Setting. Some web browsers incorporate a "Do Not Track" feature (DNT) that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Many websites and applications, including the Site, do not currently respond to web browser DNT signals because such signals are not yet uniform. For more information about DNT signals, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com. However, we also do not track your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services or allow third parties to do so.
3. Purposes for Which We Use the Personal Data We Collect
We use the information we collect to serve you and improve your experience on the Site. Some examples include:
- To respond to requests for information.
- To evaluate feedback and complaints.
- To communicate with users, e.g., to communicate with applicants applying for jobs through the Site about the application process.
- To evaluate applicants for internal jobs.
- To evaluate applicants for temporary assignments with Eastridge’s customers.
- To improve our products and services.
- To continuously evaluate and improve the online experience.
- To comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Eastridge, our users, or others, including to maintain network and information security, for fraud prevention, and to report suspected criminal acts.
- To respond to requests for service.
- To provide estimates and quotes.
We retain the Personal Data collected through the Site as long as permitted or required by applicable law.
4. How We Share the Personal Data We Collect
We do not sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties. The following are some of the ways we share your Personal Data:
- Affiliated Companies: Your Personal Data is accessed by Eastridge’s affiliated companies in the United States, which manage the Site and handle your Personal Data for the reasons described in Section 2 above.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We will share your Personal Data with third-party service providers to help us provide services to you. The following are some examples of the types of third-party service providers with which we share your Personal Data and our purpose for doing so:
- Data Analytics: We retain third-party service providers to help us perform data analytics regarding your interactions with the Site. For example, Google Analytics may track what pages users visit on the Site and how long they stay there to determine how users use the Site.
- Legal Advice: We may disclose your Personal Data to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice.
- Required Disclosures: We may be required to share Personal Data in a court proceeding, in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose account and other Personal Data when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Eastridge, our users, or others. This includes exchanging Personal Data with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Corporate Transactions: We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your data, including your Personal Data:
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Site or successor database.
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
5. How We Protect the Personal Data We Collect
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Data is important to us. We have technical, administrative, and physical security measures in place to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use. For example, we use Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption to protect the data collection forms on our Site. In addition, we restrict access to your Personal Data. Only employees who need the Personal Data to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to Personal Data. Employees with access to Personal Data are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to close your browser after you have completed your visit to the Site. Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data.
6. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
To access, update, correct, and delete your Personal Data, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org, submit the contact form, or mail:
Eastridge Workforce Solutions
Attn: Marketing / Web Services
2385 Northside Dr. Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92108
In addition, you may cancel or modify the email communications you have chosen to receive from Eastridge by following the instructions contained in emails from us. Alternatively, you may email Eastridge at email@example.com with your request, stating "Unsubscribe" in the header and what email addresses you wish not to receive Eastridge emails. Within a reasonable period, we shall ensure that such email addresses are unsubscribed.
7. Region-specific Information
a) All locations outside of the United States
The Personal Data collected through the Site is downloaded to a server located in the United States and controlled by Eastridge Workforce Solutions, which is located in the United States, and its affiliated U.S. companies ("Eastridge U.S."). Eastridge U.S. operates the Site to assist local Eastridge affiliates in serving you and may use your Personal Data for the purposes described in the section 2 above and disclose it to third parties as described in the section 3 above.
Your local Eastridge affiliate and Eastridge U.S. (collectively, "Eastridge") will comply with requests to exercise individual data rights in accordance with applicable law. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request to exercise your data rights.
b) European Economic Area and Switzerland
The information in this section, as well as the information in the section above titled "All locations outside of the United States", applies to users in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland (collectively, the "EEA").
Individuals in the EEA ("EEA Individuals") are not required by statute or by contract to provide any Personal Data to the Site. Eastridge will not use EEA Individuals’ Personal Data submitted through the Site for automated decision-making, including profiling, that produces legal effects or similarly significantly affects the EEA Individual.
Cross-Border Data Transfers:
Eastridge U.S. has agreed to process your Personal Data in accordance with the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission. You can obtain a copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses by submitting a request to email@example.com.
The recipients of Personal Data (listed in Section 3 above) are located in the United States or in the country from which your Personal Data originated. Before transferring your Personal Data from the EEA to a third party recipient located outside the EEA, your local Eastridge affiliate, or Eastridge U.S. on its behalf, will: (a) execute Standard Contractual Clauses, approved by the European Commission, to ensure an adequate level of protection for the transfer of your Personal Data to those entities outside the EU/UK; (b) confirm that the third party has certified to the EU/UK-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework; or (c) otherwise ensure adequate protection for your Personal Data. You can obtain a copy of the relevant Standard Contractual Clauses or Privacy Shield certification by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Bases For Processing:
Eastridge processes your Personal Data with your consent and as required by law. In addition, Eastridge processes your Personal Data as necessary to determine whether to enter into a contract with you, for example, an employment contract or, as another example, by providing you with quotes for products and services. Eastridge also processes Personal Data as necessary for its legitimate interests as follows:
- Marketing and advertising: Unless you opt out, we use your Personal Data regarding your interests as necessary to provide you information about the products and services that we think might interest you in accordance with applicable law.
- Network and information security, fraud prevention, and reporting suspected criminal acts: In the event of fraud, a security incident, or a suspected criminal act, we would examine Personal Data that appeared to be linked to the incident as necessary to determine what happened, remediate, report to the authorities, and prevent a recurrence.
Right to Object to Processing for Direct Marketing or Legitimate Interests:
EEA Individuals have the right to object to the processing of their Personal Data for purposes of Eastridge’s direct marketing or legitimate interests by contacting Eastridge at email@example.com.
EEA Individuals have the right to access their Personal Data collected by the Site and to request that Eastridge update, correct, or delete their Personal Data as provided by applicable law. EEA Individuals also have the right to object to, or restrict, Eastridge’s processing of their Personal Data.
In addition, EEA Individuals have the right to data portability concerning their Personal Data. Subject to certain limitations, the right to data portability allows EEA Individuals to obtain from Eastridge, or to ask Eastridge to send to a third party, a digital copy of the Personal Data that they provided to the Site. EEA Individuals’ right to access their Personal Data includes their right to receive a copy of all, or a portion, of their Personal Data in Eastridge’s possession as long as Eastridge’s providing the Personal Data would not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
EEA Individuals can exercise these rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Eastridge will respond to such requests in accordance with applicable data protection law. If EEA Individuals believe that their Personal Data has been processed in violation of applicable data protection law, they have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in the country where they reside, where they work, or where the alleged violation occurred.
EEA Individuals may use the contact information above, at any time, to withdraw their consent for the processing of their Personal Data where Eastridge requires their consent as a legal basis for processing their Personal Data. Any withdrawal will apply only prospectively, and Eastridge will continue to retain the Personal Data that EEA Individuals provided before they withdrew their consent for as long as allowed or required by applicable law.
Data Protection Officer:
Eastridge’s representative in Europe is Eastridge Workforce Management UK, Ltd. You can reach our representative at email@example.com or by calling our toll free number +44 (800) 3688271.
c) California Residents
Upon verification of your identity you may:
No more than twice in any 12-month period, request disclosure of the following information:
Categories of personal information we collect.
Categories of sources from which personal information is collect.
Categories of personal information sold or disclosed to third parties.
Categories of third parties with whom such personal information is sold or disclosed.
Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
Specific pieces of personal information we collect.
Request access to certain personal information we have collected.
Request deletion of your personal information, subject to the exceptions provided by law.
Right to opt-out from having your personal information sold to third parties, if applicable.
Requests can be submitted by calling our toll free number 800-918-1678 or through our website at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these rights apply only to select California consumers and exclude applicants, employees, and business contacts.