Name: Darryn Lewis
Title: Sr. Recruiter
Location: San Diego
- How long have you been with Eastridge and what is your role?
I have been with Eastridge for 5 months and I work as a Sr. Recruiter in both our Finance & Accounting and Life Sciences division.
- What about recruiting most excites you?
I love recruiting. What’s better than getting people jobs, especially in these tough times? There is no better feeling than telling someone they got the job they wanted that may change their career and/or life.
- What did you do before starting at Eastridge?
I was a recruiter for a few other agencies for the last 4 years and I was also an AR/Collections Manager prior to starting my recruiting career.
- Outside of recruiting, what is something you are passionate about?
Pool/billiards and Golf - After playing football for most of my life, I find myself getting older and not able to be as active as I once was, so I decided to pick up activities that can feed my competitive drive and enjoy for a long time.
- Is there a habit/routine you’ve developed during social distancing that you want to continue?
With restaurants being closed, it has forced me to reignite my passion for cooking. During social distancing, I have had plenty of time to work on some dishes and try new recipes.
- Since it’s Black History, is there a black-owned restaurant you’d recommend?
Yes - Streetcar Merchant in North Park. Great restaurant that not too many people know about. Chicken and Waffles there is FIRE!
- How do you celebrate Black History Month?
My job as an African American man is to just continue to share the history and continue the success that black people before me have helped to build. There were a lot of sacrifices and hard work put in before my time - so it only makes sense to keep moving forward in our progression to create equality for ALL.
- What advice would you give your younger self?
You can never out talent someone (some are just better than others), but you can outwork them.
- Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Although I would like to say Denzel Washington or Will Smith - it would definitely be Kevin Hart haha!
- What's your favorite mantra?
- Relationships equal revenue (in recruiting)
- Little things make big things happen
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I would love to learn how to fly (with or without a plane lol).
- What is one thing you can’t live without?
My fiance, Frances.
- What’s something you're excited about at Eastridge this year?
I am excited to see the growth and progression of not just Eastridge, but my career as well. I have been with multiple agencies and this has been by far my best experience.
- What is the first thing you will do when social distancing orders are lifted?
Enjoy the company of my family and friends again. I think I miss hugs and high fives.
With the Eastridge Blog, you can stay up-to-date on hiring trends, industry insights, today's workforce challenges, what's happening at Eastridge and more. To receive our experts' thought leadership and news, subscribe today.
Thanks, we'll be in touch!
With 24 years of MSP experience in the Talent Solutions sector, Eastridge is happy to welcome Dan Rothberg to our team as the SVP of MSP. What exactl...
Carol currently works as the National Director of Commercial Staffing; she helps support our clients across the nation that utilize MSP, Professional...
workforce managementaudit & compliancepayrollingpayrolling requisition formpayrolled worker FAQsEastridge MSP, Inc.
workforce recruitmentRPOInSourcingstaffing servicesindustriesrequest staff
job seekersgetting startedsearch jobs
© 2021 Eastridge Workforce Solutions
All rights reserved.