Job title: Manufacturing & Distribution Recruiter
Work location: Las Vegas
- First things first. For inquiring minds, do you pronounce your name like Beyonce?
Yes! I was actually named after my paternal grandmother. Beyonce wasn't the household name she is now when I was born, so I grew up explaining it like, “sounds like fiancé, but with an L”. Now the immediate connection is with Beyonce, so I hear that nearly every time I introduce myself.
- What’s something we don’t know about you?
When I was about 12 years old I went to a Patti LaBelle concert with my Mom. I've always loved her voice and sang her songs constantly. During her shows, it's not uncommon for people to walk up to the stage to bring flowers. I brought a bouquet of flowers to give her and surprisingly she invited me on stage to sing with her! I got the opportunity to meet her backstage later. She was incredibly gracious.
- How long have you been with Eastridge and what do you do here?
I’ve been part of the Eastridge family since August 2018. I am a recruiter with the Manufacturing & Distribution Team based in Las Vegas.
- What about your job most excites you?
Every day brings new exciting challenges. I love the opportunity to find the needle in a haystack candidate. Especially during the pandemic, it’s been personally rewarding to know our work is helping so many retain employment.
- What do you want to achieve at Eastridge?
Eastridge is the company I want to retire with many years from now. I think 2020 taught us making definitive plans can be futile, but I’m looking forward to the opportunity to continue to grow with the company through the years.
- What work did you do before starting at Eastridge?
Prior to joining Eastridge, I was an Operations Coordinator with Virgin America for 5 years. I still have a deep love for all things aviation.
- Describe your working culture in three words?
Dedicated, collaborative, and supportive
- What are some ways you are helping your clients during this time?
Helping clients find quality associates is a given, but through the pandemic, we've seen how starved people are for social interactions. Sometimes just picking up the phone and saying hello has gone a long way with clients and strengthens that relationship when they know you're calling for no reason other than to check in on them.
- Favorite Eastridge memory?
My favorite Eastridge memory was the conference in 2019 when Adam and Jason announced our Employee Ownership. The room was filled with so much joy, appreciation, and excitement. It was impossible to not feel such deep-rooted gratitude to the Svet family for putting so much trust in us.
- What does being an employee-owner mean to you?
I have an enormous sense of pride in being an employee-owner. We are truly treated like partners and shown constantly how valued we are. The trust the company has placed in our abilities directly affects our output.
- Is there a habit/routine you’ve developed during social distancing that you want to continue?
It’s something so simple, but taking the time to make my bed every morning has been a new, positive habit I’ve implemented. I’ve also read that by starting your day with one task completed adds more productivity to the rest of your day.
- What's your favorite mantra?
“Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.” I remind myself of this phrase often.
- What’s your favorite app for staying productive and relaxed?
Spotify has been my favorite app. Music does an incredible job of being able to quickly change your mood. Whether I want to zone in and focus on a task or get myself energized to start the day, music plays a huge part in putting me in the right mindset.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I have a strong interest in the stock market and would love to learn how to confidently trade stocks.
- What is one thing you can’t live without?
You won’t find two people closer than my Mom and me. Family is everything to me and she’s my absolute best friend. She’s so ingrained in my day-to-day that I can’t imagine how different life would be without her.
- Who would play you in a movie about your life?
I’m often told I favor America Ferrera so I think she would be a great choice.
- What is the first thing you will do when social distancing orders are lifted?
I cannot wait to attend concerts again! I’ve watched some virtual ones, but there’s something about live music that can’t be duplicated.
- What’s something you're excited about at Eastridge this year?
I’m so excited to see Eastridge continue to thrive this year. I’ve never worked for a company where everyone is so genuinely invested in one another's success. I truly believe 2021 will be a transformative year for us.