- What year did you join Eastridge and what is your current position?
I joined Eastridge in 2020 during the pandemic! I am a Staffing Associate in the Tijuana office.
- How has your career positively impacted other areas of your life?
Thanks to the mentorship program at Eastridge I’ve had the opportunity to learn from an amazing female leader. Her advice has allowed me to become more self-aware not only at work but also in my personal life. She always encourages me to develop my full potential and strive for excellence.
- What is a unique challenge you have experienced this year and how have you overcome it?
Balancing a full-time job and attending graduate school during a pandemic. It was definitely hard during the first couple of months. However, I’ve acquired great skills such as time management and emotional intelligence.
- Why do we need more women in positions of leadership?
Women are still underrepresented in different areas such as politics, corporations, and academia, but yet we are 50% of the world’s population. We need more women in leadership positions so young girls and women can have someone they can look up to and know that they can achieve their professional goals.
- What was the biggest female empowerment moment for you this past year?
Becoming financially independent and getting my own apartment! It was a huge milestone for me and one of my goals after graduating college. I am very proud to say that I achieved this goal just 5 months after graduating college.
- Name a woman you admire and why?
Sylvia Acevedo without a doubt! She is a rocket scientist, former White House advisor, and former CEO of Girl Scouts. Her commitment to improving educational opportunities for girls and women is something that I admire a lot. Plus, who wouldn’t like to be a rocket scientist?
- What advice would you give women navigating today’s workforce?
Join female support networks. This is an amazing resource for learning from other professionals, developing new skills, and building life-long friendships.